The Magic of Crystal Healing
So, in keeping my promise to keep it real and honest here, I have to admit that a few months ago I thought using crystals for energy and healing was a bit unusual and I was completely disinterested in it. Many friends around me loved crystals and I didn’t know much about them, but thought to myself, “How can holding or having a rock do anything for me?” I know, so harsh! Obviously, at that time in my life I wasn’t quite ready to introduce the power of crystals and I had an entirely closed mind about it. It wasn’t until the end of last year and into the start of this New Year that I began this craving to introduce crystals into my life. I honestly couldn’t tell you where it came from, but I was definitely being pulled toward them in some way. In mid-December I was gifted my very first large (like extremely difficult to carry on my own type of large) Amethyst crystal. When it was handed to me, I was told, “Your life is about to change.” I wasn’t sure what they meant, but I decided not to question it and allowed myself the openness of letting the crystal do it’s thing, without trying to force anything.
As soon as I placed the crystal in my home, then began this strange pull toward rearranging my entire home. I felt this huge need for change in my home environment. I immediately wanted and felt the need to de-clutter, reorganize and redecorate, so I did. You can see how I did that in my last blog post “The Importance of Connecting With Your Living Space.” From that point on, everything started feeling a lot more settled and I found myself getting back into my daily morning meditation routine. I felt more conscious and at peace. I decided to visit a store in West Hollywood that I’ve visited many times previously and skipped looking at all of the crystals to find some incense. This time around when I went to The House of Intuition, I felt like a whole other type of person and saw the store and the crystals in an entirely new way. I decided to purchase a few that resonated with purposes I was currently working toward in my life. I decided I was going to start incorporating them into my daily meditation routine. And here I am now. I have been using crystals during my morning meditation for a few weeks and I now know what I was so closed to knowing previously.
Here are the crystals I own (pictured above) along with a description of the healing powers behind them:
- Blue Chalcedony (Throat chakra): Encourages the release of inhibitions. Clear communication of truth. Aids with issues of the throat, larynx and voice problems. Enhances telepathy.
- Aqua Aura Quartz (Crown/throat chakra): Enhances one’s ability to express emotions in a constructive, positive manner and encourages truthfulness. Repairs auric tears and brings out inner beauty.
- Blue Aragonite (Third eye/throat chakra): Enhances spiritual communication. Alleviates stress while bringing in comfort and joy. Transmutes competitive personalities to a more cooperative and peaceful state.
- Rose Quartz (Heart chakra): Stone of universal love. Strengthens and balances the heart. Brings comfort in time of grief. Encourages forgiveness and invokes self-trust.
- Clear Calcite (Crown chakra): Amplifies energy and is helpful in lessening of fear and reducing stress. Ameliorates arguments in a relationship and helps maintain a practical balance between the people in the relationship.
- Lemon Quartz (Solar plexus chakra): Boosts creativity, organization, optimism and well-being. Enhances meditation and puts focus on setting goals to create the future you want.